The FCC’s Incentive Auction Task Force and Wireless Telecommunications Bureau have issued a public notice announcing: (1) a 126 megahertz initial spectrum clearing target and the band plan for the initial stage of the incentive auction; (2) the number of Category 1 and Category 2 generic license blocks in each Partial Economic Area (PEA) that will be offered in the initial stage during the Forward Auction (Auction 1002); and (3) upcoming dates for the Reverse Auction (Auction 1001). Under the band plan associated with a 126 MHz spectrum clearing target, 100 megahertz, or 10 paired blocks, of licensed spectrum will be offered in the Forward Auction on a near-nationwide basis. Further, approximately 97% of the spectrum blocks are considered “Category 1,” with less zero to 15 percent impairment.
The public notice has scheduled the reverse auction clock phase bidding to begin on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 along with related tutorials, workshops and mock auctions.
- Reverse Auction Online Bidding Tutorial: May 18, 2016
- Bidding Preview Period: May 23-24, 2016.
- Clock Phase Workshop: May 24, 2016
- Mock Auction: May 25-26, 2016
- Clock Rounds Start Date and Round Schedule: May 31, 2016, with the following schedule:
- May 31, 2016 – 10:00 am – 4:00 pm ET
- June 1, 2016 – 10:00 am – 4:00 pm ET
- Starting on June 2, 2016, and continuing until further notice, the schedule will be:
- Bidding Round: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm ET
- Bidding Round: 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm ET