The FCC’s Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (Bureau) has released public notices for each of Auction 101 and Auction 102 announcing that (1) bidding on 28 GHz licenses in Auction 101 has concluded with over $702.5 million in gross winning bids for 2,965 licenses, and (2) bidding on 24 GHz licenses in Auction 102 will commence on March 14, 2019. The public notices also provide relevant deadlines and procedures for both auctions:
- Auction 101 Down Payments are due by Thursday, February 14, 2019
- Auction 101 long-form applications (FCC Form 601) and updated ownership reports (FCC Form 602) are due by Thursday, February 14, 2019
- Auction 101 Final Payments are due by Friday, March 1, 2019
- Auction 102 Upfront Payments are due by Tuesday, February 19, 2019 by 6pm Eastern Time
- Auction 102 Bidding Tutorial is TBD but likely will take place by Friday February 15, 2019
- Auction 102 Mock Auction is Monday, March 11, 2019.
Because the two auctions have overlapping prohibited communications periods, the Bureau did not publicly identify the Auction 101 winning bidders. Prohibited communications restrictions for applicants in either or both auctions remain in place until the Auction 102 post-auction down payment deadline.