Nominations are being sought for six open Board member positions on the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) Board of Directors. USAC Board members serve for a three-year term. The open positions include various universal service stakeholder representatives, including:
- Schools (position currently held by Brian L. Talbott, Ph.D., National Executive Director, Association of Educational Service Agencies);
- Low-income consumers (position currently held by Ellis Jacobs, Senior Attorney, Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, Inc.);
- Competitive local exchange carriers (position currently held by Joseph Gillan, Consultant, Gillan Associates);
- Rural health care providers (position currently held by Katharine Hsu Wibberly, Ph.D., Executive Director, Mid-Atlantic Telehealth Resource Center);
- Incumbent local exchange carriers with $40 million or less in annual revenues (position currently held by Geoffrey A. Feiss, General Manager, Montana Telecommunications Association); and
- Interexchange carriers with annual operating revenues of $3 billion or less (position currently held by Atilla Tinic, Vice President of IT, Level 3).
Nominations must be submitted to the FCC in CC Docket Nos. 97-21 and 96-45 by October 27, 2017.