The Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC or Commission) Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (WTB or Bureau) is seeking input on competition in the mobile wireless marketplace for the Eighteenth Annual Report on the State of Competition in Mobile Wireless. The Bureau is seeking information regarding:
- number of subscribers, and financial indicators such as revenue or profitability;
- overall industry metrics such as coverage, including by spectrum band, technology, geography, and demographics;
- upstream (e.g. spectrum) segments;
- consumer behavior with respect to mobile wireless services, including consumer usage, handsets, mobile applications, and intermodal developments such as mobile-wireline substitution;
- pricing levels, trends and other non-price factors on which service provider compete; and
- performance metrics such as speed and latency.
The Bureau is also asking parties to comment on whether the metrics provided in the Seventeenth Report were sufficient for analyzing competition, or whether any changes should be made for the metrics included in the Eighteenth Report. Comments are due June 29, 2015, and reply comments will be due on July 14, 2015.