The Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (WTB) will hold its annual educational workshop on the environmental compliance and historic preservation review process required for the construction of wireless communications facilities on May 4, 2016 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. This year’s workshop will include information relevant to the construction of all new communications towers and to the collocation of communications equipment on towers and other structures. At the workshop, expert FCC staff and invited experts will provide guidance to the FCC’s licensees, those who construct communications facilities for FCC licensees, and their consultants. The focus will include:
- Updates to the Tower Construction Notification System and E106 as well as information on standard language in Memoranda of Agreement;
- National Environmental Policy Act compliance and the FCC checklist;
- National Historic Preservation Act Section 106 compliance under the Nationwide Programmatic Agreement for Review of Effects on Historic Properties for Certain Undertakings Approved by the Federal Communications Commission; and
- The tower siting process; and
- Archeological surveys for communications tower construction.