The FCC has announced its lengthy tentative agenda for its October 24, 2017 open meeting, which will including the following:
- A Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands Universal Service Fund (USF) Order to clarify high-cost USF support for to telecommunications reconstruction in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands following Hurricane Maria.
- A Caller ID Report and Order to enable law enforcement and security personnel to obtain quick access to blocked Caller ID information needed to investigate threatening calls.
- A Nationwide Number Portability Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Notice of Inquiry to move toward complete nationwide number portability.
- A 3550-3700 MHz (3.5 GHz) Band Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking to overhaul Priority Access License rules.in the 3.5 GHz band
- A Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC) Report and Order and Order on Reconsideration to update the volume control standard for wireline telephones and wireless handsets and extend wireline HAC requirements to additional advanced communications services,
- A Part 43 International Services Report and Order to (1) eliminate the Traffic and Revenue Reports and (2) streamline the Circuit Capacity Reports.
- A Main Studio Rule Report and Order eliminating the requirement for AM, FM, and television broadcast stations to maintain a local main studio.
- An Ancillary/Supplementary Services and Broadcast Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking comment on updates to Section 73.624(g) of its rules, which imposes certain reporting obligations for broadcasters relating to the provision of ancillary or supplementary services, and Section 73.3580, which requires public notice of the filing of broadcast applications, including through newspapers. (MB Docket Nos. 17-264, 17-105)
The FCC’s open meeting will be livestreamed at www.fcc.gov/live and can be followed on social media with hashtag #OpenMtgFCC.