The FCC’s lengthy tentative agenda for its October 23, 2018 Open Meeting contains the long-awaited 3.5 GHz rule change order, and includes the following items:
- Unlicensed Use of the 6 GHz Band – a mid-band spectrum Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for the 5.925-7.125 GHz (6 GHz) band;
- Promoting Investment in the 3550-3700 MHz Band – a Report and Order changing the 3.5 GHz Band Citizens Broadband Radio Service licensing rules, including county-based licenses and longer, renewable license terms;
- Revitalizing the 800 MHz Band – a Report and Order and Order opening new channels in the 800 MHz Private Land Mobile Radio (PLMR) band and other rule changes;
- Cable Rate Regulation –a Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Report and Order to modernize cable television rate regulations and other rule changes;
- Paper Filing of Contracts –a Report and Order eliminating certain paper file requirements for broadcast stations;
- Business Data Services for Rate-of-Return Carriers Receiving Fixed Universal Service Support –a Report and Order to allow rate-of-return carriers to elect incentive regulation for business data services; a Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking seeking comment on proposed elimination of ex ante pricing regulation for rate of return and price cap carriers; and
- Enforcement Bureau Action – an unspecified enforcement action.