FCC Chairman Ajit Pai has tentatively set an ambitious agenda for the February 23, 2017 Open Commission Meeting, including the Mobility Fund Phase II order that was shelved just after the 2016 presidential election, a CAF Phase II auction order, and a broadband reporting waiver for small businesses. The entire tentative agenda includes the following items:
- a Mobility Fund Phase II Report and Order adopting rules to preserve and advance high-speed mobile broadband and voice service in high-cost areas;
- a CAF Phase II Report and Order and Order on Reconsideration addressing issues raised in the CAF Phase II Auction Order FNPRM, (including comparative weighting), and several petitions for reconsideration;
- a ‘Next Generation’ Broadcast Television Standard Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for broadcaster use of the “Next Generation” broadcast television transmission standard;
- a Revitalization of the AM Radio Service Second Report and Order to relax the siting rule for certain translator rebroadcasts;
- an Open Internet Five-Year Waiver Order for small business broadband providers (i.e., with 250,000 or fewer broadband connections) from the enhanced reporting requirements; and
- a Part 32 Review Report and Order to streamline and eliminate outdated FCC accounting rules.